Long Term Care
At Elmwood Hills, our long term care program is structured to ideally address the specific needs and interests of seniors and other long-term care patients.
Individuals who need long-term care deserve to enjoy a healthy and quality life to the greatest extent possible. Our goal is for long-term care residents to relish each day and all that it brings. Our seniors get the love, respect, and care that they deserve.
We understand…we have cared for our own parents too.
Some program highlights include:
Elmwood Hills’ long-term care program emphasizes a restorative approach to maximize each patient’s overall function and mobility.
The environment at Elmwood Hills is positive and upbeat, so residents truly relish and appreciate life.
The Elmwood Hills Social Services team is dedicated to ensuring that every resident thrives socially, emotionally, and spiritually.
QUALITY OF LIFE
Elmwood Hills provides the amenities and creature comforts that seniors appreciate. We even offer SKYPE communication so that residents can keep in touch with loved ones from afar.
Our carefully selected Elmwood Hills caregivers undergo special sensitivity training, and treat residents with love, compassion, and dignity.
We encourage our residents' independence and self-sufficiency which contributes to their overall health and well-being.. Residents choose the activities and the meal options that they prefer. This plays an important role in
Memory Impaired Care
For individuals suffering from Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive disorders, Elmwood Hills provides care that is specifically designed to address this population’s needs.
Our staff members are especially sensitive to the physical, emotional, and psycho-social needs of these residents; they are treated with an extra measure of dignity, and every effort is made to ensure that they are as comfortable and familiar as possible.
- SECURE UNIT - For the safety and well-being of cognitively impaired residents, Elmwood Hills offers a separate secure unit. The wide corridors are homelike and easy to navigate, creating an environment with a sense of familiarity and security.
- CAREGIVERS - Our Alzheimer’s unit caregivers undergo special training and are certified by the National Certification Board for Alzheimer’s Care (NCBAC). With their extra sensitivity and understanding of the condition and its impact, our caregivers treat each resident with dignity and love.
- PROGRAMMING - The cognitively impaired care program helps patients maximize their cognitive function. Likewise, the activities program is designed to foster social interaction and an appreciation of life.
- THERAPY- For patients in more advanced stages, innovative sensory therapies such as audiovisual stimuli and aromatherapy are beneficial in inducing a sense of calm.
In addition to our regular long term care program, Elmwood Hills also offers:
- Respite care, allowing family members a short break or even a well-deserved vacation
- Hospice care, administered by specially trained caregivers